Saturday, October 07, 2006

Craving vs. Hunger

Last night as I was posting my blog, there was a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in my kitchen making all sorts of noise. This seems a little contradictory to the statement I made about only eating when I'm hungry. I mean, if I really only eat when I'm hungry, I wouldn't be reaching for that bag.. Right?

As I began to "unfoil" one of the cups, my husband made comments about the money I had just wasted on a training program that I was ignoring. I justified his comments, telling him I had not yet received the diet information. To which he replied, "You made the commitment when you paid the money."

Grrrrrr. He was right and I knew it! I headed for the trash to toss the half unwrapped cup.

"Wait!" he cried, "bring that to me, I didn't make any commitments."

After my husband confiscated my Reeses Cup, I went to the fridge for a bottle of water. As I opened the door, before my very eyes was a basket of strawberries and a tub of cool whip. YUM! I ate about 3 strawberries dipped in the cool whip. Suddenly, I noticed that bag of Reeses had gotten quiet. It was no longer appealing to me. Guess I was right all along, I only eat when I'm hungry. It's just that there is usually a candy bar or cookies in sight and I grab the first thing that looks good.

Lessons learned: I need to recognize my hunger and take the time to look around for something other than sweets.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Personal Trainer NYC :: TW Training NYC said...

aaaaahhhhhhh it's always great when I've got help on the inside! wooohooo!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home